At Crosstree, we recruit, develop, and retain talent with sophisticated training and mentoring and a transparent career ladder.
New hire onboarding programs have clearly defined steps that all new hires progress, guiding them through essential information like company structure, core values and organizational policies. The program also includes educational materials, video, and other activities (peer learning) designed to help the new team member acclimate quickly to the company.
New hire onboarding is a valuable tool for building a cohesive team and successful workforce. Employees rely on new hire onboarding to adjust to their new environment and gain a better understanding of their role while Crosstree utilizes onboarding for sharing valuable information.
Other key outcomes are:
- Standardizing company procedures
- Developing institutional knowledge
- Familiarization of Knowledge Management Systems (Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc.)
- Establishing records
- Providing support
Leadership development is a system of activities designed to educate employees and help them obtain new knowledge and improve skills to progress professionally and personally.
Crosstree’s leadership development program is a structured, goal-oriented program aligned with organizational goals and includes pre-planned sessions throughout the year, with quarterly themes and monthly reinforcements. We use outside consultants to help develop training content and recommendations for effective formatting and delivery. Additionally, supplemental training is curated and executed through LinkedIn Learning to support and reinforce the quarterly themes.
Below is a summary of the leadership development resources:
- Robust 3-4 hours of themed content
- General topics focused on relevant content for overall organization
- Refined reinforcement of retreat theme – key message
- Practical application of retreat content
- LinkedIn Learning – Curated content based on quarterly theme subject
- Course assignments based on level
- Monday Minutes (weekly newsletter)
- Crosstree Times (monthly newsletter)
- Signage throughout office
- Themed screensavers
Individual tailored content discussions
- 1:1 with employee & manager during monthly feedback check-ins
Leadership and Career Development comes in many forms and is primarily owned by the individual. Coaching and mentor relationships are forms of development in which another person supports a learner in achieving personal or professional goals by providing advisement and guidance.
Coaching and Mentor relationships can begin at any age and last a lifetime, supporting Leadership and life pathing decision from what to major in, where to take a job, how to navigate challenges and opportunities, plus much more.
The Three main objectives drive the effectiveness of the leadership coaching program.
- The first objective is to create alignment with the transitioning leader’s needs and the business outcomes to craft measurable outcomes.
- The second objective is to pinpoint the areas of growth and development needed to devise the coaching plan. The needed competencies are determined through pre-and-post leadership assessments, in-depth interviews, and coaching instruments to determine stylistic preferences.
- The last objective is the actual leadership coaching, which utilizes specialized training to perform laser sessions and technological advances to enhance the learning and connection of the coaching experience to solidify behavioral change.
Measuring the effectiveness of the coaching program is part of its design. Outcomes of the program are measured across three domains:
- Pre-and post-measurement comparisons of leadership competencies from both the individual and key stakeholders
- Goal tracking through the coaching platform that measures progress numerically identified objectives
- Self-leadership tools to support personal competency in evaluating oneself